Monday, March 22, 2010

Progress

Okay, so it's been nearly a month since my first post....sheesh. I have good news though. The excavators have finally started working at the farm! It's actually been a couple weeks, but they've only had a few days during that time that were actually dry enough. I will be adding pictures of that whole process soon, but first I wanted y'all to see the work we've done leading up to this point. I us the term "we" very loosely. Zack has pretty much done all the work. The first five pics are of the old driveway and along the road. Then, there are a few pics of the clearing that's been done at the homesite.




The driveway when we first started


 






It may be hard to tell, but you can see tire tracks going downhill and then curving to the left around that little knoll. This will be the general path of the new driveway.






A view from across the street. The new driveway will come in to the left of the old one on the other side of the cattle chute.







We decided that the homesite should be located in the clearing between the two pine trees, but first we had to remove the honeysuckle jungle growing to the right.




Once all that mess was gone, we discovered a really nice oak growing back there





This was taken about a month ago. Zack removed about 20 somehting pines to the left of the oak. The house will sit close to where the truck is. The excavators will push over the three trees in front of the truck.


Hope y'all enjoyed the pics. Maybe, I'll get my butt in gear and get the excavating pics up pretty soon.