Thursday, October 18, 2012

On Wings Like Eagles

There's a bald eagle that lives on this lake.  We've only seen it a handful of times, and I never tire of seeing it.  It awes me everytime. I was finally able to get some shots today.

This tree is about 75-100 yards in front of our house





I wish I could've gotten closer, but as you can see he would have none of it


 
Everytime I see the eagle I always think of Isaiah 40:31:

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (NIV)
 
I love the original King James version too:
 
But they that wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. the first is my favorite! love the fall colors... absolutely beautiful... gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete