Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blankets Delivered

Back in July, I felt led to donate blankets to Jacob's hospital.  I wrote about that in this post.  I'm so glad to share that those blankets were delivered last week.  We made and donated about 20 blankets and copies of Angie Smith's book, I Will Carry You.  We also donated almost 75 smaller lovie blankets.  A friend of a friend heard what we were doing and  gave us these and a bunch of fabric. She used to have a baby bedding and accessory business and when she closed it, she still had tons of product left over.  The lovies will be used to swaddle the smaller babies lost at early gestational ages and also for babies in the NICU.
 
This is the monogram on each blanket, courtesy of my momma:

It is from this E.E. Cummings poem:

 
Here are all the blankets, and no two are exactly alike.  Some may have the same fabric, but there is something different on each one weather it be the coordinating fabrics, thread color, etc. This is going to be a bit pic heavy, so get ready  :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Girl's finished product



Some for the boys before the bows.  I managed not to get a pic of any with the bows.


All the little lovies




 

 
I so appreciate help on the monogramming and sewing from my mom and Brenda. Thank you Tassi for caring enough to put me in touch with Lori.  Thank you friends and family for donating money for the books. These blankets have been such an honor to do, and I knew these blankets would be a blessing even if I dropped them off  and never heard another word.  This is the email I received today from my contact at the hospital:
 
Hannah -
I wanted to drop you a note to thank you for the wonderful blankets and packets for parents experiencing the loss of a child while in our Labor & Delivery department. To help with storage I had kept the boxes shut when I delivered them, but received a phone call very soon after from one of the nurses absolutely amazed by the gifts you had made. I stopped by this week to see the blankets and it was everything I could do to hold back the tears. They are so beautifully made and are absolutely perfect. Your compassion has greatly touched everyone throughout that department and will provide such love and healing for parents experiencing one of the most difficult moments of their lives. Thank you so much for doing this for them and for creating such an amazing tribute of love to honor Jacob.
My sincerest gratitude to you for coordinating this effort and my wishes to you for daily healing and comfort.
Sincerely,
Rachel
 
 
 
All for you my sweet J-Dub boy
 
I carry your heart with me
(I carry it in my heart)
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I have a necklace for my son with that EE Cummings quote on it, and it's absolutely perfect.

    I love these so much. So very much. They're just perfect, and you are going to make so many families feel better with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tearing up just looking at these. It would have meant the world to me to get one of these when we lost Caleb. God bless you for your hard work and generosity! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - I love that quote too. As soon as I saw it, I knew that's what I wanted on the blankets. It's so simple yet so true.

    RyAnne - Thank you so much for your kind words. I've been feeling a little puny today and you gave me a boost :)

    ReplyDelete